OER Conference 2021
Swissuniversities P8 – Digital Skills Academy
Nov. 17/18, 2021
Virtual Meeting – all times are CET (Switzerland)
Registration is closed now.
- 14:00-14:15: Welcome, Denis Gillet, EPFL
- 14:15-15:00: Swiss MOOC Service, Patrick Jermann, EPFL
15:00-15:45: Layers of Openness, Alastair Creelman, Open Networked Learning & Linnaeus University, Sweden
Increasing concerns about privacy and digital public spaces affect the design of open online courses. Open Networked Learning is a PBL-based (problem-based learning) open professional development course for university teachers and has had to slowly adapt from being a fully open course to a layered approach where certain course spaces are public whilst others are restricted. We will present the thinking behind this approach and outline future challenges.
- 15:45-16:00: Coffee Break
16:00-17:00: A Culture of Sharing, Lorna Campbell, Open.Ed, University of Edinburgh, UK
This talk will explore how the University of Edinburgh provides strategic support for OER at the institutional level through its OER Policy and Service. It will also provide examples from Edinburgh of how integrating open education into the curriculum, through co-creation and OER assignments, can enhance students‘ digital skills and bring a wide range of benefits.
- 17:00-18:00 Keynote, Cable Green, Creative Commons, USA
- 18:00-19:00: Social Event: Escape Room
- 9:00-9:15: Welcome
9:15-10:00 Workshop 1, Learning Object Management, Gerd Kortemeyer, ETH Zurich
The workshop will explore concepts of a Next Generation Learning Management System with respect to data self-sovereignty and learning content management. It will build on results of earlier workshops, which are published at eleed.
- 10:00-10:15: Coffee Break
- 10:15-11:00: Workshop 2, How to produce OER in a legally compliant way?, Suzanna Marazza, CCdigitallaw (Università della Svizzera italiana)
- 11:00-11:45: Workshop 3, OER and Accessibility, Alireza Darvishy, ZHAW
- 11:45-12:00: Wrap-up and Farewell
- 12:00-12:30: Social Event